Monday, June 18, 2007

Take a Break Chat

Readers: Between articles and blogs, let's chat a bit. I must tell you that I am sentimental and occasionally launch into philosophical tidbits. I've learned a lot of things in my life beside aviation, three of which I think you should hear: 1. Love is what makes the world "go around", it is our life. We can't do without it. It is the eliminator of hate and anger, and it gives us the courage and confidence to accomplish our tasks. 2. Giving is the one true happiness. Give of yourself and then remember the forgotten and the needy. Giving will relieve your stress and tensions, and allow you to face all the problems of the world with complete confidence. 3. There's no substitute for a good nights' sleep.

I had to tell you this, also - I love swing music and melodic songs. Tony Bennett's "I left my heart in San Francisco" is a particular favorite and Russ Morgan's "So Tired" is another. My wife and I used to dance to Russ Morgan's music at the Claremont hotel in Berkeley, CA. Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable" and Dinah Washington's "What a difference a day makes" will stop me cold. What are your preferences?

No comments: