Saturday, June 2, 2007

Need More Pilots

Good Morning fellow pilots and all others! And as my father-in-law used to say, "And the rest of the day to you, Sir!"
I had planned on discussing Ceiling and Visibility today, but I've thinking about our pilot population - we need pilots now and for the future. I've been told that we will lose 3,000 airline pilots in the next 2 years due to forced age retirement. At this point in time I don't see where the replacement pilots are coming from. I don't think we have the Aviation schools and Instructors to provide the need for the replacement pilots and the call for future pilots.
And - in my opinion the future looks bright for all pilots, especially in the jet world, particularly in the very light jets (vlj) for beginning pilots, which seems to be developing by leaps and bounds. The developing jet world, with its advancement of digital equipment, will require more and more aviation and electronic technicians and many types of qualified Instructors. And the latest models of the Prop and prop-jet airplanes are being installed with the new advanced equipment.
Yes, Aviation is in a stage of development - we now have several Universities and colleges offering Bachelor and Masters degrees in Aviation on the Internet.
Aviation is an equal opportunity employer - it's not just for the male. You know we have many employed female Airline Captains and First Officers right now - and they make good money, too.
Let's think about our future in Aviation! Give me a digital buzz of your thoughts!

No comments: