Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Passing - Again

Hi Readers: I must tell you about a 12-song CD, Country and Western music, that was given to me by Ted and Tula Mattingly of Modesto, California today at lunch. A very engaging couple - Ted is the lead singer and Tula the Photographer.
The CD - Ted "Big T" Mattingly - Recorded at Song Haven Studio, Tujunga, Ca - 12 Songs.
Although I'm 91 and of the Swing set music era, I'll say the CD is a 4-star hit with me and I recommend the album. Ted has a clear, pleasant voice (you can actually hear the words) and the background of piano and sax is outstanding.
Ted and Tula: "It feels So Right", "Can't Help Falling in Love", and "I'm not Built That Way" were my favorites, and "Louisiana Saturday Night" made me want to get with it and dance (and I walk with a cane). For what it's worth, you have a great CD and I'd buy it. Thanks and good luck!
Marginal weather coming up. Thanks for listening. R.S.

No comments: