Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Hindenburg Article- And I have an Aviation Novel for Sale

Hi Readers: Let's take a break from aircraft accidents and aviation problems and let me tell you about my article Eye Witness to Disaster in the April 2008 issue of the Flight Journal magazine. This is my story of the Hindenburg Fire (German Zeppelin crash) at Lakehurst, New Jersey in May 1937. I was on the airfield, with others, rescuing survivors. I was 19 years old at the time and was slated for U.S. Navy duty in the U.S. dirigible Los Angeles. Many of you may not remember the Hindenburg or have been around to remember.
Flight Journal is a class A monthly Aviation Adventure magazine with many pictures and articles on past and current aircraft, edited by Budd Davisson and Roger Post, Jr., publisher Air Age Media, www.flightjournal.com, toll-free customer service (800) 442-1871. I'm not in the business of promotion, except for Aviation and Safety, but I think you would enjoy reading this issue and my story. Robert Shaw.
New subject: I must tell you, also, that I have a published aviation novel, Justin's Way Back, by Robert Shaw, for sale. I had only a few remaining copies, however, a few days ago 160 of the books (presumably lost) were found. So now they are for sale at $12.95 per copy plus postage. It's all about an Airline Captain and the Boeing 777 airplane and some problems. If your aviation-oriented and love flying, you'll like this one. E-mail me at roberthshaw@sbcglobal.net or telephone (209) 238-3450.
Thanks for listening. Robert Shaw.

No comments: